Linux Configuration and Installation, 4th Edition
- ISBN: 978-0764570056
- A Japanese version, a Chinese version, and a
simplified Chinese version (Waterpub) were published.
- This book is out of print but may be available from used
and out of print book sellers
Linux Configuration and Installation Fourth Edition covers how to set up and effectively use Linux. Updated with Slackware Linux 3.5 on two CD-ROMs, the major features of the book include an in-depth section on how to set up the X Window System for Linux for your PC hardware, one of the most difficult tasks under Linux.
The expanded Fourth Edition supports more hardware configurations, explains more issues with laptops, covers a lot more about the X Window System, and includes Netscape.
The third edition of this book was a runner up in the 12th Annual Computer Press Awards (1997).
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Slackware Linux and Supported Hardware
- Chapter 2: Installing Slackware Linux
- Chapter 3: Configuring the X Window System
- Chapter 4: Advanced Configuration Issues
- Chapter 5: Slackware Linux and Portable Computing Devices
- Chapter 6: Slackware Linux and the Internet
- Chapter 7: Basic Linux Tools
- Chapter 8: Linux Applications
- Chapter 9: Linux System Administration
- Chapter 10: Programming in Linux
- Appendix A: For More Information
- Appendix B: About the CD-ROMs
I'm sorry. This book is out of print but may be available from used and out of print book sellers.