PC Magazine Linux Solutions
- ISBN: 978-0471777694
- April 2006
- This book is out of print but may be available from used
and out of print book sellers
With a practical approach coming from PC Magazine, PC Magazine Linux Solutions focuses on solutions to server and desktop computing using Linux as a base. It delves into installing Linux on common PC hardware, including dual booting.
A special section covers using Linux on the desktop, and a longer section describes how to set up Linux as an Internet server. You can use Linux for file sharing, serving up Web pages, delivering your email, and much more.
Table of Contents
- Part I: Before Installation
- Chapter 1: Why Use Linux?
- Chapter 2: Which Distribution is Right for You?
- Chapter 3: Preparing for Installation
- Part II: During Installation
- Chapter 4: Getting Linux and Starting to Install
- Chapter 5: Partitioning Your Hard Drive
- Chapter 6: Using Accounts
- Chapter 7: Setting Network Information
- Chapter 8: Dual Boot Installation
- Part III: Running Linux
- Chapter 9: Desktop Solutions
- Chapter 10: Customizing GNOME and KDE
- Chapter 11: Using the Terminal
- Chapter 12: Internet Solutions in Linux
- Part IV: Basic Administration
- Chapter 13: User and File Management Solutions
- Chapter 14: Backing Up Data
- Chapter 15: Software Management Solutions
- Chapter 16: Installing and Removing Hardware
- Chapter 17: Automation and Timed Execution
- Chapter 18: File Sharing Solutions
- Chapter 19: Adjusting Your Internet Settings
- Chapter 20: Linux Security Solutions
- Chapter 21: Web Server Solutions
- Chapter 22: Mail Server Solutions
- Chapter 23: Proxy Server Solutions
- End-User License Agreement
I'm sorry. This book is out of print but may be found from used and out of print book sellers.