Beginning Shell Scripting
- ISBN: 978-0764583209
- April 2005
- There is a Polish edition of this book.
Beginning Shell Scripting covers command-line shells and shell scripting for Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and even Windows (using cygwin).
This book helps power users automate commonly-used commands, use scripts to configure the operating system, as well ease complex administration tasks.
You'll find help on writing scripts, running scripts, and debugging them. Includes special coverage of the Mac OS X Open Scripting Architecture.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing Shells
- Chapter 2: Introducing Shell Scripts
- Chapter 3: Controlling How Scripts Run
- Chapter 4: Interacting with the Environment
- Chapter 5: Scripting with Files
- Chapter 6: Processing Text with sed
- Chapter 7: Processing Text with awk
- Chapter 8: Creating Command Pipelines
- Chapter 9: Controlling Processes
- Chapter 10: Shell Scripting Functions
- Chapter 11: Debugging Shell Scripts
- Chapter 12: Graphing Data with MRTG
- Chapter 13: Scripting for Administrators
- Chapter 14: Scripting for the Desktop
- Appendix A: Answers to Exercises
- Appendix B: Useful Commands